Saturday, July 31, 2010

Newlyweds!

Hello everyone!  We are FINALLY home! 

After many days after the wedding running around like a crazy person, Eric and I took off for the Dominican Republic.  After tropical depression Bonnie passed by the weather was beautiful.  While we were there we went on two fabulous excursions.  We did an Outback Safari trip where we visited a working farm and bought cocoa and vanilla and ate authentic food.  The second trip we made was to Santo Domingo where we were able to tour Diego Columbus' (Christopher Columbus' son) palace.  We also visited a few other historical sites.

Upon our return to the states, we stayed with my parents for a few days with the dog before rushing back to our home.  Joba was thrilled to see us, but a bit sad to leave behind his two playmates at my parent's house.

Yesterday I legally became a Shaner!  I am not sure if this is exciting or depressing; I will let you know later.  It is sad to be just giving up the only name I have ever known.  Today I am off to buy wedding china and a food processor!  It should be fun!

Love to all and thank you to those that attended the wedding and were part of our special day!

No comments:

Post a Comment