Monday, July 5, 2010

10 Days and COUNTING!

Eric is wrapping up his only graduate course for the summer; he can see the light at the end of proverbial tunnel.  There is lots going on in our household.  We are trying to keep the house fairly neat and clean so that we have less to do before the wedding.  I am trying to finish up all the last minute details and still panicking that I will forget something important like forks.  (Give me a week and fork-related nightmares will become standard.)  Shawn and I are enjoying the pool but I am REALLY worried about his weird patch of sunburn that keeps occurring, so I will have to watch that.  Last but not least, Anne and I will be making our nail appointments this week for the Wednesday before the wedding.  Anyone is welcome to join us, just give me a call. 

This summer Eric and I have been trying to do three new recipes each week.  I think we are putting that on hold until after the wedding/honeymoon.  So far we have had fabulous fajitas and Mexican salad as well as these really cool lamb kabobs.   (We have had our fair share of duds as well.)  For the fourth of July we took finger foods to Shawn's house and enjoyed the Chambersburg fireworks over cupcakes.  So far all is well here and we continue to pray that things remain low key.

2 comments:

  1. I would like to know hoe that Mexican salad turned out... and if so, recipe please!!!

    <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Mexican Salad was FABULOUS!

    1 Bag Salad Greens
    1 Can Corn Drained
    1 Can Black Beans RINSED and Drained
    1 tomato cut up into little pieces
    [insert other favorite toppings]
    a couple handfuls of crunched up tortilla chips
    1/2 cup Ranch Dressing
    1/2 cup Salsa

    Mix salad greens and about half of the corn and half of the beans together (use your discretion). Top with tomatoes and other favorite toppings. Crunch the chips and sprinkle all over (I usually put a lot on!)

    Mix the ranch dressing and salsa together in a separate bowl and serve on the side.

    * This was super easy and was really amazing! If you prepare all of the toppings ahead of time and store in separate containers, you can make individual portions throughout the week without the salad tasting weird or going bad.

    ENJOY!

    ReplyDelete