Friday, August 27, 2010

New School Year

What can only be described as an overwhelmingly discouraging three days of chaos, I am now suppose to be ready for school on Monday.  Eric and I both had a series of three in-service days this week.  All of which we were not given enough time to prep for students, given discouraging news, wondered why we are teachers, and forced to sit for exceedingly long periods of time by our colleagues.  In-service "encouragement" aside, I am slowly beginning to look forward to the school year despite many parental warnings that their children are handfuls.  My room at school is currently a disaster zone so Monday morning I will be either hiding what I can't put away or just throwing stuff out.  Ahhh, welcome fall.

Joba is enjoying his last day off before school starts by reeking havoc in the backyard.  Eric and I are airing out the house and cleaning up from canning dilly beans yesterday.  I hope to continue spending time outside today;  maybe the park, wedding the gardens, shopping, or simply sitting outside with a few books.  We shall see!

With the house painted, boxes unpacked, and a little bit of wedding money, I am hoping to pick up some nice fall and Christmas decorations in the coming months that we can use around the house.  I am not one to redecorate each room for each holiday, but I would like a few pieces for the foyer, dining room, and kitchen/family room areas.  Pier one has some nice vase fillers and Pottery Barn has the table runner I would like.  I figure I have to get decorations if the family may be celebrating Thanksgiving here this year.  (Maybe I can sweet talk mom into making me a center piece for my dining room.)

Off to change out of the pajamas and consider the benefits of actually doing my hair and wearing contacts today!

No comments:

Post a Comment